Tiverton Green has been completely transformed from the neglected space it was ten years ago, but we are constantly looking to further improve it. Here are a few things we have been discussing with Brent Council, who own the park and Veolia who have the maintenance contract:
- having a mobile coffee cart stationed at the top end of the Tiverton Road side, run by a local individual or company.
- installing additional keep fit equipment such as parallel bars, chin up bars, sit up benches, around the climbing wall area.
- Adding bins and benches to the MUGA/cycle area.
- replacing the gravel surface around the MUGA with something solid, to prevent stones spilling onto the playing surface.
- relocating bins to be nearer benches.
- keeping the main grass area short through more regular cutting.
- planting more trees along the north/south paths, and around the climbing wall.
- replacing dead saplings in the orchard area.