Following the Groundwork consultation in 2011, changes to the Parks Department at Brent Council slowed the progress of the plans. Nevertheless, in 2011, a path was laid on the West side to complete the circuit. In 2012 five new benches and dog waste-bins were installed, and closable gates were fitted at either end of the Northern path.
In July 2013 adult gym equipment was installed on the old tennis courts thanks to a scheme to encourage adult exercise by the NHS.
In early 2014 work began on the Western end of the old tennis courts, replacing the old surface with cycle paths for young children to learn to ride in safety.
The eastern end of the tennis courts now has planning approval and funding, and we were hoping that the multi-use games area and further play equipment would be installed by late summer 2014. However, due to severe budgetary constraints at Brent Council further delays have been announced and we’ve now been given a start date of October/November 2014 for the Multi-Use Games Area.
- July/August; Outdoor gym equipment installed
- December/January: Grant funding decision on multi-use games area
- January/February: work starts on cycle circuit (western side of tennis courts),
- February; Planning decision on multi-use games area
- June: Cycle circuit ready to use
- December: improvements to children’s playground start (Thames Water legacy contribution)
- January: Work will begin on eastern side games area October/November; landscaping, surface laying, equipment installation, planting.
- March: Thames Water project ends, and site is cleared. Paths, trees and grass to be restored.
- August: MUGA and climbing equipment ready to use
- October-November: Hedge planting along The Avenue and Tiverton Road boundaries, tree planting, grass seeding.
- TBA: final touches of table tennis tables, bicycle parking, waste bins to be installed.