The Friends of Tiverton Green is a group of local residents formed in 2013 to promote and encourage the local community to take an interest in the protection upkeep and enjoyment of the Green and its facilities.
We are members of Aylestone Park Residents and Tenants Association (APRATA) – soon to be renamed Tiverton Green Area Residents Association (TGARA). We have been campaigning for improvements to Tiverton Green since 2008. We have been working with councillors from Brondesbury and Queen’s Park wards, Brent Council’s Parks Department, Veolia, the council’s Neighbourhood Ward Working Team and the two closest schools; QPCS and Malorees.
Since we started campaigning in 2008 we have secured well over £300,000 in grants, contributions and council funding for Tiverton Green.
Our successes to date include:
- Widescale community consultation project on future of Tiverton Green.
- New playground equipment in 2011 – zip wire, swings, log steps, climbing frame – following Playbuilder grant application (£40,000).
- 70 new cherry blossom and willow trees planted.
- New orchard area on Tiverton Road side.
- Footpaths laid along east, west and south sides of the Green to complete circuit.
- 8 new park benches.
- 5 new picnic tables.
- 8 new dog waste bins.
- 3 new general waste bins.
- Shrub / flower borders / wild grass area.
- Closable gates at all 5 entrances.
- Outdoor gym equipment, funded by NHS.
- Funding for children’s cycle and scooter circuit, Multi-Use-Games-Area, climbing wall and further equipment, following our successful London Marathon Trust grant application (£40,000) and significant Brent Council Parks and Sports department and Section 106 funding contributions.
- Perimeter hedge planting around exercise area
- Birch trees and shrubs in children’s cycle area and next to outdoor gym.
- Funding for improvements to children’s playground following negotiations with Thames Water (£14,800), including repainting of playground railings, new equipment, picnic tables.
We have done what we can in our spare time, but we are not responsible for hiring the Green, or for its maintenance. Veolia, under contract from Brent Parks are responsible for cutting the grass, emptying the bins, repairs to equipment etc.
To be kept informed of our work, or to volunteer to help, please contact Paddy Barnes using the form below.
If you are a resident living in Aylestone Avenue (south of Chudleigh Road), Christchurch Avenue (west of Brondesbury Park), Crediton Road, Dundonald Road, Okehampton Road, St Hilda’s Close, The Avenue (west of Brondesbury Park), Tiverton Road or Wrentham Avenue, and you wish to become a member of the residents association please email Ruthdar@aol.com.